Nowadays, marketers know how important it is to be present on multiple social media platforms, but it’s also important to know which of those platforms deserve the majority of your time and budget. If you want to create powerful campaigns, you need to keep up with your social media analytics.
As much as 81% of organizations use social media publishing/analytics tools to make sure they’re on the right track. But while there are many tools to choose from, not all of them are worth your time. That’s why this article lists only the best of the best.
Microsoft Excel has existed for over 30 years, and while some people believe the program is outdated, that’s nothing more than a misconception. Excel can be used for many different things and even analyze the impact the content you post on social media has on your fans.
If you don’t have the budget to purchase expensive analytical software or you want to use a simple system that gives good results, you can rely on this classic program. If you’re willing to invest a little of your time and create spreadsheets, you’ll be able to produce very useful data.
If you want to track all of your social media goals, you need to sort through all of your data and actually understand it. To do this, all you need is a spreadsheet to track each goal and, of course, understand the software perfectly.
However, not everyone is familiar with how Excel works. The best way to ensure you and all of your employees have enough knowledge on the topic, you should seek corporate Excel consulting and learn how to save time and money with Excel while discovering useful tips on how to use this program.
Sprout Social is a tool that meets the need for cross-channel social media analytics many businesses have. No matter if you want to compare results from all of your networks or focus on how well a single network performs, Sprout Social can do both of those and much more.
Some of the things you can do with Sprout Social include:
- Follow all of your social media. You can track impressions on your Facebook Page, measure follower growth on your Instagram page, and tally up link clicks on Twitter, just to name a few things.
- Organize data. Once you collect all of your data, you can quickly organize and share it in the form of reports that are easy to understand and presentation-ready.
- Choose between different reporting options. This tool comes with templated and customizable reporting options, so you will have the option to gather all essential metrics in different ways but also understand them with ease.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the functionalities Sprout Social has to offer and that there is much more to the tool. If you choose it for your social media analytics tool, you will be able to follow everything from tags to trends and everything in between.
Even though most social media management platforms come with their own built-in analytics tools, there’s no equal to Hootsuite when it comes to reporting capabilities.
Hootsuite Analytics allows you to:
- Track all key metrics. No matter if you want to track clicks, comments, video views and reach, shares, or any other key metric, Hootsuite has you covered. You can check metrics such as follower growth for profiles on each social media network you’re on.
- Use simple and customizable templates. All of Hootsuite’s templates are completely customizable and make it easy to track, monitor, and analyze performance. In the end, you’ll have access to analytics that are easy to read, understand, and export to Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, or CSV.
- Follow social team performance metrics. It’s of great importance to track what kind of results your social team is generating, and you can easily do that with this tool. You can track employee productivity, their response time, and resolution time for mentions assigned posts, and comments.
This tool can provide you with the full picture of your social media efforts, all in one place, and greatly simplify social media analytics for you. But what’s most important, it makes it easy to compare results across all of your networks and generally saves a lot of time.
One of the biggest social media marketing tips is to work with influencers. Today, it’s practically impossible to talk about social media marketing without mentioning influencer marketing.
This type of marketing keeps growing in popularity every year, and seeing as how the ROI on influencer marketing averages at $5.78 for every dollar spent, an influencer tool is a good investment.
If you want to get as much as you can out of influencer marketing, you can’t go wrong with TapInfluence. This social media analytics tool was created specifically for influencer campaigns, and it removes most of the insecurities marketers have about influencer campaigns.
TapInfluence is a very simple yet powerful tool that presents its users with influencer metrics in black and white. When you use it, you’ll have access to metrics such as reach, engagement rate, and how much each influencer may charge you for a brand deal.
Facebook is one of the most popular platforms, and you’re probably using it for your campaigns. If that’s the case, you’ll be happy to know that it comes with three built-in social media analytics tools. However, as they all focus on Facebook Analytics, we’re going to group them in one tool here.
If you use all three of these free analytic tools, you can collect the following data:
- Facebook Page Insights. See how your followers interact with each post and page, story and post reach, follower growth, responsiveness, views, and much more.
Facebook Audience Insights. Track demographics for your existing audience as well as the overall Facebook audience to get a clearer picture of your followers. You can find out things such as gender, age, relationship status, life events, hobbies and interests, and which other pages on Facebook they follow.
- Facebook Ad Center. Track each ad you run on Facebook to see how much money is spent, how many people it reached, and the information about post engagement and link clicks.